For the past 25 years, Samaritan's Purse has been collecting shoeboxes filled with gifts and delivering them to children in need around the world. Each box is an opportunity for a boy or girl to experience the love of God in a tangible way and hear the Gospel.
It's never too early to get started!
How do I pack a box, you might ask?
1) Use a plastic shoebox (average size), or get a box from the Office (the Mission Committee bought several for 2018 and they are stored in the Church office). You can wrap the box and lid separately, but wrapping is not required.
2) Pick up a copy of the 2018 brochure at the Church with all the information, as well as mailing labels.
3) Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14.
4) Fill the box with a variety of quality gifts that will bring delight to a child (see Gift Suggestions on back of this handout).
5) The amount of the donation to transport your gift and deliver it into the hands of a child in need may change, so please don't write a check yet! Mark your box with girl or boy, age category, and place label (labels are available from the Church office or can be downloaded on the Operation Christmas Shoebox website). Wrap the box with label and check with a rubber band and your box is ready.
6) Pray that God will use your gifts to show His love to the child who will receive your shoebox.
7) Keep the box until November 2019 when there will be instructions on where to take the box for distribution. If you have no place to put the box, you can bring it to the Church and the office will keep your box until collection time.
That’s all you do. What a great way to celebrate Thanksgiving by helping to give a child at Christmas a reason to smile, so pick up your brochure and start shopping for those items to fill up a box.