This has wrapped up for 2017, but you can still begin putting together boxes for the 2018 Christmas season. During the year, you can simply pack a plastic shoe box with goodies (ideas are listed below), and watch for information in November, 2018.
How do I pack a box, you might ask?
1) Use a plastic shoebox (average size). You can wrap the box and lid separately, but wrapping is not required. You can also go on the website and order a Operation Christmas Shoebox container.
2) Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14.
3) Fill the box with a variety of quality gifts that will bring delight to a child (see Gift Suggestions on back of this handout).
4) The amount of the donation to transport your gift and deliver it into the hands of a child in need may change, so please don't write a check yet! Mark your box with girl or boy, age category, and place label (labels are available from the Church office or can be downloaded on the Operation Christmas Shoebox website). Wrap the box with label and check with a rubber band and your box is ready.
5) Pray that God will use your gifts to show His love to the child who will receive your shoebox.
6) Keep the box until November 2018 when there will be instructions on where to take the box for distribution.
That’s all you do. What a great way to celebrate Thanksgiving by helping to give a child at Christmas a reason to smile, so start shopping for those little items to fill up a box and watch for updated information later in 2018.